Advanced Graduate Program
Understanding The Practical Applications of Essential Oil Chemistry
Upcoming Class Dates:
Learn essential oil chemistry and have fun at the same time! During this exciting professional-level program we will explore the chemistry, aroma and therapeutic uses of over 30 essential oils. The curriculum includes the advanced study of more than 25 specific essential oil components, their structures and therapeutic behaviors.
This course is designed for Certified Aromatherapists who wish to continue their studies in an exciting group setting. This program requires some previous knowledge of essential oils, medicinal blending, and essential oil chemistry. Full chemistry reviews will be included in class.
The program takes place in Ithaca NY, over the course of two 5-day sessions for a total of 10 days. Class times are 9:30-5:30 each day.
This program includes one year of free access to an advanced database of researched essential oil components and their therapeutic properties developed by Andrea Butje and edited by Robert Tisserand.
During this class, we will undertake:
- A detailed review and deeper look at the chemical families.
- Advanced study of more than 25 specific essential oil components, their structures and therapeutic behaviors.
- Research on individual components present within the oils.
- Study of the genus, species and chemotype of each oil based on GC/MS reports.
- Practicing innovative blending activities to further blending skills and support your learning experience.
- 10 case studies to be completed by the end of the program.
Students will create and take home over $400 worth of products, including:
- Essential oil inhalers.
- Body butters.
- Hydrosol sprays.
- Bath salts and scrubs.
- Aloe Vera based products.
- Soaps and cleaning products.
Additionally, students receive:
Access to an advanced database of researched essential oil components and their therapeutic properties. (Valued at $300)
- The use of over 100 different therapeutic-grade, organic and wildcrafted essential oils during class.
- A custom 250-page manual.
- An extensive list of resources for quality products.
- Discounts on additional materials and kits and Aromatics International.
CEU’s: This program is approved for Massage Therapy in New York and Florida for 75 hours, and by NCBTMB for 50.
Tuition and Payment Plans:
You may pay in full ($1,450) or we have a payment plan available for students. A deposit of $350 is required to register for the course. Once the deposit has been made, the remaining tuition balance of $1100 can be paid over several months. Please email Andrea directly to establish your payment plan: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Aromahead Institutes 200-hour Aromatherapy Certification Program or equivalent training in the uses of essential oils. This program requires previous knowledge of essential oils, medicinal blending, and basic essential oil chemistry.
All in-class blending supplies, including essential oils, carriers and bottles are included in the tuition.