Aromatherapy Certification Program Online
The online 235-hour ACP (Aromatherapy Certification Program) allows students to become Certified Aromatherapists, professionally qualified in the therapeutic uses of essential oils. You will have access to Aromahead Institute's beautiful online classroom, access to exclusive videos, case study assignments, dozens of blending activities, and interactions with other students on Aromahead's forum.
The Aromatherapy Certification Program is approved by The National Association for Holistic Aromatherapy (NAHA), and the Alliance of International Aromatherapists (AIA), both leading governing bodies for national educational standards for Aromatherapists. Certification also qualifies you to sit for the Aromatherapy Registration Council exam (ARC).
$1,995(Payment Plan Available) Enroll
Meet Your Instructor
Andrea Butje, founder of Aromahead Institute, is an internationally recognized Aromatherapist who is changing the educational paradigm through her inspired approach to teaching online and creating community.
One of the most innovative online schools in the country, the Institute's elegant and intuitive classroom design makes navigating online learning a uniquely user-friendly experience.
The Aromahead Institute meets the rigorous training and certification qualifications of three highly respected organizations: the National Association for Holistic Aromatherapy, the Alliance of International Aromatherapists, and the International Institute for Complementary Therapists.
Since 1999, Aromahead Institute has had an extensive alumni network of international graduates who have gone on to pursue successful careers and businesses rooted in the vast network of the healing arts profession.
As a consultant to importers of high-quality essential oils, Andrea travels the world, building relationships with distillers and small organic farmers. In 2013, Andrea won the Alliance of International Aromatherapists's Lifetime Achievement Award for her innovative, heartfelt work in educating and connecting people involved in all aspects of the Aromatherapy industry—from distillers, to renowned authors, to beginners in the study.
Our curriculum includes activities and videos, as well as meticulously crafted directions for case studies that will enhance your experience and intuition as an Aromatherapist. We will cover a variety of topics relating to Aromatherapy, essential oils, science and business:
Essential Oil Study
History of Essential Oils
Safety and Contraindications
Methods of Extraction
Quality of Oils
Methods of Absorption
Anatomy and Physiology
Methods of Application
Essential Oil Chemistry
Goals and Objectives
- Become qualified in the safe and therapeutic use of essential oils, so you can help people live healthier lifestyles.
- Clearly understand what Aromatherapy can and can't do, and feel confident using essential oils in ways that help people improve their health.
- Use your education to develop a career in Aromatherapy, or use essential oils in your existing career. (They're a great addition to any healthcare practice!)
- Fully understand the energetic aspects of essential oils, and create blends to help balance difficult emotions, such as anxiety and fear.
- Confidently consult with clients, evaluate their situations, and choose effective essential oils to support them.
- Learn blending techniques that integrate the chemistry, aroma, and energetics of essential oils, so your blends work on multiple levels.
- Know how to make a wide variety of body care products for personal and professional use.
This is an entry-level, in-depth class, open to all learners. No previous Aromatherapy training is required.
$1,995(Payment Plan Available)
Once you have enrolled, you may begin your class right away. Students may study at their own pace. Most students finish between 4-6 months, and some take a year or longer. There is no required time frame for completion.
Upon successful completion of the Aromatherapy Certification Program, graduates can confidently work with essential oils, are proficient in blending therapeutic products, and may call themselves Certified Aromatherapists.
Many of our students go on to:
- Develop a new career in Aromatherapy.
- Enhance an existing healthcare practice through the use of essential oils.
- Use essential oils for personal growth, self care, and alternative medicine.
Graduates of this online course have gone on to create essential oil retail businesses, web retail stores, therapeutic product lines and holistic and alternative medicine consultation services.
This is an independent, self-study program. If questions arise while you are learning, we have an engaging online forum. This is where you can connect with other students, and where you'll receive answers from the forum director, all Aromahead instructors and the Aromahead Institute graduates. Your case studies and research paper will be reviewed and feedback will be provided by Andrea and the Aromahead team.
Requirements for Aromatherapy Certification
In order to receive certification from Aromahead Institute, and call themselves Certified Aromatherapists, students must:
- Complete all elements of the Aromatherapy Certification Program (20 case studies, an 8-10 page paper and a final exam).
- Complete Aromahead Institute's online Anatomy and Physiology class and final exam (included in your ACP tuition at no extra cost).
- Pay tuition in full. If you paid with a payment plan, your payments must be completed to receive your certification.
Your Online Aromatherapy Certification
Program package includes:
- Access to exclusive online course materials and videos, organized into seven guided lessons.
- FREE access to Aromahead Institute's Anatomy and Physiology online class.
- Gas Chromatography/Mass Spectrometry (GC/MS) reports and up-to-date research summaries. With solid research, you can understand the medical actions and safety considerations for each essential oil.
- 48 original Aromatherapy recipes and blends developed by Andrea Butje for the ACP. The recipes are compiled into a beautiful color PDF that you can download and print.
- 48 of Andrea's detailed datasheets for the essential oils studied in the course. Aromahead's printer-friendly datasheets clearly lay out information for easy reference, including each oil's therapeutic properties, emotional and energetic properties, safety data, chemical profile, Latin name, botanical family, plant part origin, recipes for personal and professional use, practical clinical applications, aroma, note, and extraction method.
- An extensive private list of resources for high-quality Aromatherapy products and related services (such as bottles and other packaging).
- Contact information for prominent Aromatherapy organizations and journals. Stay current with the industry, learn about the conferences, and gather articles from Aromatherapy experts.
- 15% off discount on all essential oils, carrier oils, butters, bottles, supplies, and specific blending kits from Aromatics International for six months after you register.
- Permanent unlimited access to all the course materials and videos, including any updates to the content, even after you have completed the program.
The online ACP includes exclusive access to custom videos that cannot be found elsewhere. In the Aromahead ACP video library, instructor Andrea Butje guides students through chemistry, question and answer sessions, blending exercises, and more. You may view each video as many times as you like.
For a preview of the videos, view the official trailer for our exclusive video library. This short video provides clips from several of the videos included in the Aromatherapy Certification Program.
- You have permanent unlimited access to all the course materials and any subsequent updates to the course content, even after you have completed the program. View each video as many times as you like.
- Start the class the moment you complete your registration.
- Work at your own pace and on your own timeline.
- Interact with the Aromahead team along with all Aromahead students and graduates on an online forum where you can ask questions.
- Approved for 235 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) by the NCBTMB and 90 CEUs in New York and Florida.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs):
This program is approved for Massage Therapy by the NCBTMB (235 hours) and in New York and Florida (90 hours).
Tuition and Payment Plans:
Pay in Full
- Total Tuition: $1,995
- You Save $100!
- $895 Today
- + 5 Monthly Payments of $240, Starting 30 Days From Now
- Total Tuition: $2,095
In my 25 years of practice as a Naturopath and Chiropractor, I have rarely encountered the level of teaching expertise I experienced with Andrea Butje's Aromatherapy Certification Program.
- Edie Pett
Naturopath and Chiropractor, Certified Aromatherapist
I believe your school, your staff and your educational philosophy are far more innovative than you realize. In fact, I see Aromahead as a model for the potential that distance education offers.
The Certification Program was wonderful! The material was presented in easily digestible bite-size chunks that made learning enjoyable. The blending activities were both fun and instructive. With your explanations and everything step-by-step in blending videos, you really can't go wrong. Best of all, you and your team are always available to answer questions. I have taken more online courses than I can count, and this was the best by a long shot. I think it sets the standard for the future of online learning.
I will certainly continue my education at Aromahead after graduating from the Aromatherapy Certification Program!
With love, admiration andgratitude,
- Bruce Boynton
The ACP online is most impressive! The application of the oils was new to me and I found it very easy to learn and understand the concepts. I was very proud of my first lip balm! The videos made the course more personal and interactive. It helped me understand the concepts more easily. The balance between the chemistry and the practical aspects has provided me with a well-rounded platform. Over 1 year later, I still refer back to the information provided in the course. The course also put me in contact with people all over the world to share information and ideas.
- Jessica Lutge
Distiller, South Africa
I truly appreciate the time you take as a teacher and mentor to help your students learn and grow as Aromatherapists. The certification program class was informative and enriching; I really increased my depth of knowledge. My interactions with you, Cindy, Aromahead, and all my fellow students and graduates have been an incredibly rewarding part of my life this past year. I look forward to starting the Advanced Graduate Program online very soon!
Also, the information on the chemistry is really helping me to refine my blending choices. I even made my own chart comparing and contrasting the chemical families (nerd!). The Q&A video in Lesson 6 was great... I watched it three times! It helped me to get a good grasp on the chemical families. Thank you!
- Rebecca Silence
Anyone may register for this class. No previous Aromatherapy training is required.
Supplies are not included in the tuition.
You may use your own supplies or purchase them.
We have designed two optional kits with the essential oils, carrier oils, and bottles needed to complete the blending exercises in this course. The kits are sold separately through Aromatics International.
View the essential oils and supplies covered in the course here: Aromatherapy Certification Program Advanced Kit
Important Note: Purchasing a kit is optional. If you have your own essential oils and supplies you may use them. The class can be completed using your own essential oils. You may also begin the class without supplies, but eventually you will need a small collection of essential oils, carriers and bottles to complete your case studies.
$1,995(Payment Plan Available)