Aromatherapy for Massage Therapists
Are you a Massage Therapist or bodyworker wanting to use essential oils to benefit your clients? Do you want to grow your practice?
This 36-hour course, Aromatherapy for Massage Therapists, provides a comprehensive foundation for using essential oils safely and effectively in your bodywork practice. It's a fun, engaging way for Massage Therapists with little to no prior training in Aromatherapy to expand their skill sets, and offer deeper levels of healing to their clients.
Gain proficiency in a core set of 20 essential oils with the guidance of Andrea Butje, co-founder of Finger Lakes School of Massage, and founder of Aromahead Institute.
Learn how olfaction impacts the central nervous system, and about the dynamics of the stress response, in a way that's accessible and fun. Cindy Black, co-founder of Finger Lakes School of Massage, and founder of Big Tree School of Natural Healing, has a down-to-earth teaching style that makes tough concepts easy to grasp.
In this class, you'll benefit directly from Andrea and Cindy's decades of practice and study of Massage Therapy and Aromatherapy. As with all their classes, Aromatherapy for Massage Therapists is comprehensive, cutting edge, and fun!
Price: $350(Payment Plan Available) Enroll
Meet Your Instructor
Andrea Butje, founder of Aromahead Institute, is an internationally recognized Aromatherapist who is changing the educational paradigm through her inspired approach to teaching online and creating community.
One of the most innovative online schools in the country, the Institute's elegant and intuitive classroom design makes navigating online learning a uniquely user-friendly experience.
The Aromahead Institute meets the rigorous training and certification qualifications of three highly respected organizations: the National Association for Holistic Aromatherapy, the Alliance of International Aromatherapists, and the International Institute for Complementary Therapists.
Since 1999, Aromahead Institute has had an extensive alumni network of international graduates who have gone on to pursue successful careers and businesses rooted in the vast network of the healing arts profession.
As a consultant to importers of high-quality essential oils, Andrea travels the world, building relationships with distillers and small organic farmers. In 2013, Andrea won the Alliance of International Aromatherapists's Lifetime Achievement Award for her innovative, heartfelt work in educating and connecting people involved in all aspects of the Aromatherapy industry—from distillers, to renowned authors, to beginners in the study.
Meet Your Instructor
Cindy pioneered the innovative Meridian Massage method and is the founder and lead instructor at Big Tree School of Natural Healing. Her work is focused on teaching Massage Therapists how to incorporate Chinese Medicine into their practices.
Andrea and Cindy founded the Finger Lakes School of Massage in 1994. Cindy served as the lead anatomy instructor. She quickly developed a reputation for her ability to easily navigate students through even the most complicated subjects.
Cindy's love of teaching is only matched by her love of learning. She went on to study acupuncture, earning her master's degree in Chinese Medicine in 2007. She continues her study and practice of Chi Nei Tsang, Qi Gong, the I Ching and Yoga.
In addition to the classes she offers through Big Tree School of Natural Healing, Cindy teaches the Aromahead Institute's Anatomy and Physiology course. Andrea and Cindy co-teach two of Aromahead's online classes: Aromatherapy for Massage Therapists and Viruses and the Immune System.
In addition to studying 20 essential oils in depth, you'll learn how to make Aromatherapy products for:
•Acute and chronic ailments commonly addressed with massage
You'll also make plenty of therapeutic products:
•Foaming hand soap
•A Cold and Flu Immune Support blend
•A Trauma Oil Blend for Pain
•Massage table cleaner
The blending techniques are clearly demonstrated in 12 fun, exclusive videos. Andrea will lead you through the recipes, so you can follow along step by step and watch her in action as many times as you need to.
Essential oils can help hands-on practitioners treat common acute and chronic ailments more effectively. You'll learn the art of choosing essential oils for each client's individual needs. Some blends are useful for many situations, and you'll make those to have on hand when you want to create Aromatherapy products for clients right on the spot.
You'll deepen your understanding of the impact of stress on health, the important role that perception plays in the stress response, and how massage and Aromatherapy counteract stress-related symptoms.
You'll also have access to comprehensive, thorough information about the essential oils, and datasheets listing their therapeutic properties.
Goals and Objectives
- Grow your business and income by offering Aromatherapy among your skills and services.
- Create wonderful, natural therapeutic products designed specifically for each client's concerns.
- Ease chronic and acute muscle pain naturally with the combination of massage and essential oils.
- Reduce the frequency and intensity of headaches with Aromatherapy inhalers. These are so simple and convenient for clients to use on their own!
- Create a variety of blends for anxiety and stress, so your clients can relax and heal in deep mental, physical, and emotional ways.
- Make your own aromatic massage oils that tap into the power of natural plant medicine with no additives or chemicals. You and your clients will be able to trust every ingredient!
- Learn to make salves with beeswax, avocado oil, and Trauma Oil so your clients stay pain free between massages.
- Know how to calculate the cost of making blends and how to price them for retail sale, so clients can purchase your therapeutic products and you can increase your income.
This is an entry-level, in-depth class, open to all learners. No previous Aromatherapy training is required.
Price: $350(Payment Plan Available)
This exciting, self-study course covers how to create and use essential oil blends for your clients. We will discuss the powerful benefits that "just a relaxation massage" offers, the therapeutic properties that make essential oils so healing, and how to use essential oils for self care.
Lessons are taught through a series of step-by-step videos and activities. Engaging reading materials prepared in Andrea's thoughtful, good-humored style steadily guide you through each course milestone.
Your Aromatherapy for Massage Therapists
- Access to exclusive online course materials and videos, organized into six guided lessons.
- 19 original Aromatherapy recipes and blends developed by Andrea Butje. The recipes are compiled into a beautiful color PDF that you can download and print.
- 20 of Andrea's detailed datasheets for the essential oils studied in the course. Aromahead's printer-friendly datasheets clearly lay out information for easy reference, including each oil's therapeutic properties, emotional and energetic properties, safety data, Latin name, plant part origin, recipes for everyday personal and professional use, and the aroma.
- An extensive private list of resources for high-quality Aromatherapy products and related services (such as bottles and other packaging).
- Contact information for prominent Aromatherapy organizations and journals. Stay current with the industry, learn about the conferences, and gather articles from Aromatherapy experts.
- 15% off discount on all essential oils, carrier oils, butters, bottles, supplies, and specific blending kits from Aromatics International for six months after you register.
- Permanent unlimited access to all the course materials and videos, including any updates to the content, even after you have completed the program.
- You have permanent unlimited access to all the course materials and any subsequent updates to the course content, even after you have completed the program. View each video as many times as you like.
- Start the class the moment you complete your registration.
- Work at your own pace and on your own timeline.
- Interact with the Aromahead team along with all Aromahead students and graduates on an online forum where you can ask questions.
- Approved for 36 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) by the NCBTMB and in Florida. This course will count towards CEU requirements of New York.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs):
This program is approved for Massage Therapy by the NCBTMB and in Florida for 36 hours. This course will count towards CEU requirements of New York.
Tuition and Payment Plans:
Pay in Full
- Total Tuition: $350
- You Save $25!
- $175 Today
- + 2 monthly payments of $100 each ($100 will be automatically charged to your credit card once a month for 2 months. The first $100 payment will occur 1 month after the deposit is made.)
- Total Tuition: $375
This class was great! I have enjoyed creating blends and using them on my clients. Going through the process and focusing on the different issues to treat was very satisfying!
I had a 27-year-old woman on my table last evening. I used the blend you named UPLIFTING, with essential oils (grapefruit, orange and lemon in a carrier of jojoba). She noticed the aroma right away and remarked how she really loved how it smelled. After the massage I gave her the bottle. She is using it as perfume!
Thank you for your video demos and the clear presentation of the essential oil facts and the many suggestions and recipes that can have so many uses! This information is something that will be great to use in my massage practice and in my life! Thanks again.
- Beth Wilder
Licensed Massage Therapist
I have to tell you, I just adore your enthusiasm. You exude love and passion for what you do. It makes it a true pleasure to learn from you. The class you put together was absolutely amazing. I was very grateful to be able to do it at my own pace and yet be a part of a community that I could pop in and share with and learn from. Thank you again for creating such a wonderful class!
- Christy Higby
Licensed Massage Therapist
Aromatherapy for Massage Therapists was my first Aromahead class. I was going into it with a fair amount of skepticism. I was afraid that I'd end up in a class that basically said, "These oils will help with relaxation. These oils help with sore muscles. Add them to your massage oil." I wanted so much more than that. I wanted to know why these oils would help. I wanted to be confident in explaining to my clients what I was doing and why, and I wanted science to back me up. That's what I got with Aromatherapy for Massage Therapists.
As a Massage Therapist, it was the perfect place for me to start. I already knew a lot about massage. I understood the concepts and examples that were being presented to me. It was great to have someone explain how I could enhance what I already knew and loved. The class is a great place to start your training to become an Aromatherapist or to learn how to add essential oils into your massage practice in an educated and responsible way.
- Liella Kelly
Licensed Massage Therapist
Aromahead's Aromatherapy for Massage class is a great reference for Massage Therapists (and non-therapists) looking for an overview and/or refresher on the basics of Aromatherapy and its safe application during massage. Although I have used essential oils for years with my massage clients, this class taught me things I hadn't thought of, and it reinforced safety basics that had slowly started to slip my mind. As always with all Aromahead classes, the instruction is concise, yet comprehensive, with reference material accessible in perpetuity once you register. Thank you, Andrea and Cindy!
- Annie Powell
While anyone may register for this class, it's designed for practicing Massage Therapists with no previous Aromatherapy training.
Supplies are not included in the tuition.
We have designed a kit of essential oils, carrier oils, and bottles needed to complete the blending exercises in this course. The kit is sold separately through Aromatics International. View the essential oils and supplies covered in the course here:
Important Note: Purchasing the kit is optional. If you have your own essential oils and supplies you may use them.
Price: $350(Payment Plan Available)