Aromatherapy for Massage Therapists
Learn to use essential oils in your massage practice
Are you a Massage Therapist wanting to use essential oils? Do you want to grow your practice?
This 36-hour course, Aromatherapy for Massage Therapists, provides a comprehensive foundation for the safe and exciting use of essential oils in your bodywork practice. This class is designed for practicing massage therapists with no previous aromatherapy training.
Gain proficiency in a core set of 20 essential oils taught by Andrea Butje, co-founder of Finger Lakes School of Massage, and founder of Aromahead Institute.
Cindy Black, L.Ac, co-founder of Finger Lakes School of Massage, and founder of Meridian Massage Institute explains how olfaction impacts the Central Nervous System, and the dynamics of the stress response in practical, accessible language.
Upon completion of this class, you will be able to:
- Grow your business by adding aromatherapy to your services
- Create aromatic therapeutic products designed specifically for your client's concerns.
- Reduce chronic and acute muscle pain.
- Make inhalers for reducing the frequency and intensity of headaches.
- Create a variety of blends for anxiety, and stress.
- Make your own aromatic massage oils.
- Learn how to use different types of room diffusers.
- Learn to make salves with beeswax, avocado oil, and trauma oil.
- Understand how aromatherapy and massage profoundly affect the central nervous system.
By taking this class, you benefit directly from Andrea and Cindy's decades of practice and study of massage therapy and aromatherapy. As with all their classes, Aromatherapy for Massage Therapists is comprehensive, cutting-edge and fun!
In addition to studying 20 essential oils in-depth, you will learn how to make aromatherapy products for:
- Acute and chronic ailments commonly addressed with massage.
- Self care.
The course covers how to create and apply essential oils blends for your clients. We will discuss the powerful benefits that “just a relaxation massage” offers to clients, the therapeutic properties that make essential oils so healing, and how to use essential oils for self care.
Enjoy 12 exclusive videos featuring Andrea Butje demonstrating blending approaches and techniques!
You’ll learn the art of choosing essential oils for each client's individual needs. You’ll make several “stock blends” to have on hand, so you can create personalized aromatherapy products for your clients right on the spot. Using essential oils, hands-on practitioners can increase their effectiveness when treating common acute and chronic ailments. Learn the important role that perception plays in the stress response, and how massage and aromatherapy counteract stress related symptoms.
Students have access to comprehensive, thorough information about the essential oils, exclusive recipes, and data sheets listing the essential oil's therapeutic properties.
You’ll also make plenty of therapeutic products to have on hand, such as:
- Foaming hand soap.
- Scar butter.
- A Cold and Flu Immune Support blend.
- Headache oil.
- A Trauma Oil Blend for Pain.
- Massage table cleaner.
- Injury salve.
CEU’s: This course is approved for Massage Therapy by NCBTMB and in New York and Florida for 36 hours.
- You have permanent unlimited access to all the course materials and any subsequent updates to the course content, even after you have completed the program.
- Start the class the moment you complete your registration.
- Work at your own pace and on your own timeline.
- Interact with Andrea and Cindy on an online forum where you can ask questions
While anyone may register for this class, it's designed for practicing massage therapists with no previous aromatherapy training.
Supplies are not included in the tuition.
We have designed a kit of essential oils, carrier oils, and bottles needed to complete the blending exercises in this course. The kit is sold separately through Aromatics International. View the essential oils and supplies covered in the course here: Aromatherapy for Massage
Purchasing the kit is optional. If you have your own essential oils and supplies you may use them.